Quick Holistic Approaches to Healing Anxiety and Lowering Stress for Busy Entrepreneurs
You’re busy right? I hear ya! You’re interested in holistic quick tips to heal your stress and anxiety? I hear that too! Let’s keep this one short and simple!
I gathered ideas for you in the categories or health management, life skills, and coping skills. Adding these to your life will holistically help heal and overcome the stress and anxiety in your life.
Some take more work than others.
Some might be more uncomfortable to work on than others.
And that’s OK.
Just get back to feeling better, right?
Let’s talk about definitions, and then the tips.
Define Life Skills, Coping Skills, and Health Management
A holistic approach is one that involves life skills, coping skills, and what I call health management. These are the 3 pillars of self-mastery (I just made that name up, but the 3 categories stay the same.)
Definitions are important. To make sure we are on the same page:
Life skills are skills that allow you to participate in LIFE with ease. Anxiety prevents you from participating as you might isolate, argue, or not do anything. Stress prevents you from participating as you have so much “to do” that you’re feeling overwhelmed and so you do nothing, or perhaps you participate in things that don’t create ease in your life.
A coping skill helps you overcome a perceived barrier such as an event, person, or feeling that is “unpleasant”. As a result of using a coping skill, it allows you to move through the negative into the positive and it creates the ability for you to problem solve, master, heal, or let go. Anxiety pretty much doesn’t let you problem solve as it blocks access to the part of the brain that does problem solving. Stress can prevent coping as it’s possible you’ve learned unhealthy coping skills
Health management is about caring for your body – meaning every body system. There are 10 systems and they’re interconnected to each other. What you eat, what kinds of fluids you drink, your sleep, exercise, gut health, etc come into play here. For instance, each of those examples can factor into our hormone production, eliminating toxins, heal inflammation, and restore failing body functions.
Holistic Approach to Health management
Your body’s health impacts your mind, and your mind impacts your body’s health.
I’ve noticed common health management areas that you can look at and see if one or two of them can be added to your life to improve your health.
- Getting adequate sleep (7-9)
- Improving gut health (adding probiotics and prebiotics, reducing sugar, increasing fiber)
- Increase daily water intake
- Increase daily exercise
- Practice belly breathing consciously multiple times a day
- See doctors for routine checkups and when something is “off”
- Decrease or eliminate sugar, carbs, gluten, and processed foods
- Stop smoking, illegal drugs, or abusing drugs (illegal or prescription)
- Reducing or stop drinking alcohol
- Use safe beauty products (use EWG to search or consider health-conscious brands such as Beauty Counter or Naturopathica)
- Get a squatty potty! (Yes, I just said that)
- Have a healthy sex life
- Use safe cleaning products
- Eliminate plastic in the kitchen – especially where you store your food
- There are more, but I will stop there!!
Holistic Approach to Life and Coping Skills
There are many life and coping skills that can benefit ALL of us. And I’m not talking about how to keep a job, clean your home, cook, or get dressed (which I assume you have a strong handle on those!).
This is geared towards personal development. Because personal development is where the answer lies with how to look, feel, and be better.
Here is a quick list:
- Develop a hobby that leads to creativity and challenge
- Begin a meditation, yoga, and/or mindfulness practice
- Find the positive and STOP COMPLAINING
- Learn your core values (what YOU deeply value in order to feel connected, healthy, good, and happy)
- Practice Gratitude daily
- Develop emotional resilience
- Go from reactive to mindful responding
- Develop self-efficacy
- Find several healthy coping skills you can use with ease and joy (walking in nature, biofeedback, listening to music, etc)
- Create/facilitate healthy relationships
- Incorporate a healthy dose of self-care into your days
- Develop critical thinking/problem solving/decision skills
- Fully understand YOUR priorities
- Cultivate a healthy sense of humor
- Understand and practice “seeing” your thoughts and knowing you don’t have to react to them
- Be more giving without impacting your self-care
- Increase your communication skills
- Learn how to actively listen
- Develop Emotional Intelligence
- Learn how to not take things personally
- Develop healthy self-talk
- Increase your awareness of your body, mind, and spiritual self
- Again, there are more, but I will stop there!!
Wrap up and Action Step:
Learning coping skills, life skills, and health management will benefit you to age gracefully, be more in control, increase your happiness, and allow you to develop stronger and healthier relationships.
Ultimately, you can easily work on your life purpose, if you desire, with the 3 pillars in place.
I would recommend you picking 1 life skill or coping skill to start working on and practice it until it becomes second nature. You can reach out to me for coaching, you can read a book about it, or you can take a class.
At the same time pick 1 or 2 health management skills to start adding to your life.
The goal here is to get rid of the stress and anxiety, right?
And using these quick tips, YOU can do it.
Working with my clients, it’s so thrilling (for me AND them) when my client’s friends or family are saying, I’ve noticed you’re “happier”, more “relaxed”, have more “confidence”, have more “energy”, “look good”, or whatnot.
Please share this post with people you know that can benefit from stress relief.